Social Media Strategy for Physicians
Content Management? Yes 🙂 What are you going to write about to keep your medical practice website content fresh and thus ranking well on the servers on Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.
As a physician, you have been schooled for ages, and you have been in practice for years. You see the world of digital communications and social media in healthcare changing. 2+ for recognizing that. You have now made the decision to consider an online digital presence, medical practice website and/or a blog to maintain dynamic content that we know Google and Bing love to see.
Kudos for deciding to extend and share your medical knowledge base far outside the four walls of your practice the 20-50 patients you see every day. I have had the absolute privilege to work with many of you to establish that presence — but when it comes down to blog topics everyone seems to get bogged down or worried about what they should be writing about. Content strategies for medical practices is a big hang up and source of fear… but it doesn’t need to be so.
Let Your Patients Drive Your Content Management Strategy
- Patients are the ones who are suffering —that brings up questions and searches
- Patients are the ones who are searching online – yet still have questions.
- Those patients are asking you the same questions every day!!
Write them down !! (They may have written them already)
Your day is done and you are sitting in your back office. You have decided to utilize my 41st patient initiative … simply stated.
- Take out the list of questions
- What are the most common questions that were asked
- Those are the titles of your blog post
- Next, pick up your dictaphone and dictate a few paragraphs to address the question.
- Transcribe the dictation, send it to someone (or do the work yourself) and place it in your blog.
- 5 minutes of effort will pay off for years to come.
You and your patient benefit, but you didn’t need to think and worry about the topic.