“The healthcare revolution will be tweeted” – perhaps — But hopefully not by marketers alone!
The coming revolution in healthcare will be fostered and promoted in forward thinking medical organizations and the emerging innovative groups, and institutes popping up around the globe on a daily basis — then it might be tweeted or placed on FB, linked in, twitter, etc. Thus your immediate network, as well as your fringe network will be informed and enticed to engage. The revolution must focus not only on the” big data” initiatives, but instead on the human side of the millions of “broken” interactions that litter the halls of the healthcare system today.
We are the social drivers, humans are the ones who are innately social. Humans, health and behavior are social. Healthcare and tech platforms are not social. Platforms are simply the medium we may choose to utilize to spread the message. If we choose to tweet or FB and share our experience… then the medium simply serves to drive the message’s relevance and reach.
The revolution is going to take place on many stages and affect patients, providers and institutions alike in many different ways. This will not be a “revolution in isolation” — it will not be narrowly focused and it will not affect one lone aspect of all that ails medicine—and fails patients.
The revolution will address:
- Treating the patient as a person, and not a disease
- It will enhance bidirectional, timely communications
- It will address transparency in pricing, value and quality
- It will improve the collaboration of your team so you dont travel from doc to doc to doc and repeat every test along the way.
- It will lead to an enormous amount of meaningful data and behavioral modification tools that just might work.
- incorporating big data of the quantified self tracker to enable them to improve their own healht
- It will empower each willing patient to be an active participant on their health care team
- It will vastly improve a patients understanding of their disease–and their choices
- and it will most certainly ….
threaten the viability of those who ignore it … because the patients are taking the lead. And this is just the tip of the iceberg
“It’s what you do, not what you say… if you’re not part of the future then get out of the way” John Mellencamp
– and this is just the tip of the iceberg!
Disclaimer: this information is for your education and should not be considered medical advice regarding diagnosis or treatment recommendations. Some links on this page may be affiliate links. Read the full disclaimer.