Every day many more healthcare professionals are deciding to establish a new media presence. Without proper consideration or guidance, you may find the time spent is not helping you achieve the goals you thought were possible. Google rules the roost … content is king. For that content to survive an ever-downward moving stream out of social consciousness, should you present your content in a healthcare related Facebook or Blog post?
Healthcare, Social Media, Marketing and Content Strategy
Although I’m not a huge fan of many of the infographics out there — this one by Patricia Redsicker of Word View Editing, caught my eye.
Many physician, hospital and other health care clients want a Facebook page… they shun the thought of a blog because they fear that they will not possess the time necessary to keep their content up to date and dynamic enough to attract an audience.
- Start with a concrete offline strategy outlining your online objectives
- How many digital properties will you HONESTLY be able to manage?
- Consider starting with a blog so you have content to share on Facebook and Twitter, etc.
- Patients are searching for YOU on the internet
- Those results will reveal your website and it’s content.
- Patients will be on your site and they’ll see your blog … they may not want to go to Facebook.
- Your content will remain on your blog and remain searchable … by Google (SEO) and Patients
- Your content stream on Facebook will disappear and quickly become nearly irrelevant
- Facebook posts are not indexed by Google
- Properly constructed healthcare content lives forever in a blog format.
- Keep it short, simple, use pictures and graphics and bullet lists.
- It is not difficult to populate a blog with meaningful content. Use your dictatphone, transcribe it and load it up (although you may need some SEO, internal linking, tagging, etc advice)
- When your medical website is established, your content is plentiful and your blog is populated — and you are ready —->
- Establish a Twitter account
- Establish a Facebook Page
- …And share your content.